Re: Odd experiences in Bookbinding

A few years back I was hired by a law firm representing a car manufacturer
who was being sued by a woman killed in a car crash.
As a binder and restorer, they figured I would be able to examine and
document the contents of the woman's leather purse which was burned and
I showed up with my tools and there around the table were about 10 lawyers
and a video camera. They taped the whole process as I worked down through
the purse layer by layer and slipped the contents into mylar sleeves. They
never told me what they were looking for, but seemed satisfied when I was
They gave me a hard time at work for a while, introducing me as the local
forensic bookbinder.

John Freund
        University of Florida